Sunday, February 16, 2014

5 - Kate L'Heureux

During project three with my partner, we decided to focus on the location of YouTube's inbox on an internet browser. The inbox was originally hidden somewhere that took at least 4 clicks to reveal. Our redesign revolved around taking the inbox from its current location and placing it on the user's account drop down menu and the Google + notification tab that looks like a bell. 

However, after reading Hoekman's section in chapter four, "Drop Nice-to-Have Features" I would definitely consider dropping the second link to the inbox located on the notifications tab. By adding the second link, it provides unnecessary clutter on the notifications tab. Also after considering the location of these two links, it really doesn't make sense to put them both in the same area, as it only takes up more space. While having a second link in the notifications tab helping the users infer as to what the inbox actually holds, I think this could be deemed "nice-to-have" in the end. 

After performing the 60-second Deadline test, I came to the same conclusion about our redesign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment