To reiterate, I chose Amazon as my website of choice. More specifically, I chose the drop-down menu for Amazon's "Your Account" feature, where members can easily manage their entire account all in one convenient location at the top of the page. If one isn't a member, the clever placement and big lettering sticks out like a sore thumb making it easy to find and register. Although simple, I believe this whole drop-down (e.g. location, content of what's in the menu, etc) is designed beautifully.
I would have been proud to be part of the design team that designed this feature of Amazon. It agrees with Sinek's whole "Golden Circle" of "Why, What, and How". This is where Amazon excels, especially in "Why" as in their purpose is to be the leader of selling goods (among many other things) online. It also is clear that they have had this vision for a long time, as to my knowledge this "Your Account" feature has changed very little over the years, showing their vision from the start. I'm sure some extra options have been added to the drop-down, but the idea of managing your account easily and quickly and ultimately providing a positive online shopping experience has been present from the beginning.

No comments:
Post a Comment