For my blog last week, I chose the Netflix profiles page, which lets you select your own profile from within an account:
https://www.netflix.com/ProfilesGate?nextpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netflix.com%2FDefault
Although I can only make a conjecture about what the vision of Netflix is, I would imagine it would be something along the lines of revolutionizing the way we watch television and movies. Although Netflix is not the only online movie/tv service, it seems to be the first to really take off and still one of the most popular (speaking from personal experience, not any real facts or figures). It really has revolutionized the way we watch tv and movies, with more, easily accessible options, available at any time, from multiple platforms.
One of the most important ways that Netflix has provided a service that far transcends previous means of watching tv or movies is by offering personalized suggestions based on prior viewing history in a way that is easy to view, allowing users to scroll through several options selected for them personally, sorted by genre. The profiles page takes this one step further, separating the personalization process within an account to accommodate family accounts, where multiple people share the same account. As I discussed in my previous blog, this allows for more accurate personalization and therefore increased ease of use, which ties directly into the overarching vision of Netflix (or at least what I suppose the overarching vision of Netflix might be). The obvious design of the profile selection page, also discussed in my previous blog, increases the intuitiveness and ease of use of the profiles themselves, accomplishing this same goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment