Saturday, February 15, 2014

5 - Jake Van Schouwen

To be honest, I have no idea what feature I would drop from my partner and my redesign. We had such a simple addition to YouTube that if any part of the redesign was missing, it would forfeit the redesign's wholesome feeling.

But if I had to remove something it would be the recommended videos side bar on the individuals page.  My reasoning is that the page is for videos that the user has explicitly "said" to YouTube that they enjoy.  Therefore, the recommended videos side bar might feel a bit intrusive. 

The technique used here would be to Aim Low.  By Aiming Low, we would put a focus on provided the user with a space for the users videos.  Putting a recommended videos side bar would be a feature that really just does not need to be there. 

1 comment:

  1. One way you could work through this is to focus on your persona. I don't necessarily believe that there is a simple addition to YouTube. Even the "simple" change can have profound effects on the way people and society interact, perceive, and experience a design.

    ReplyDelete