Monday, February 17, 2014

5- Adam Johnson


A key sentence that I found very useful when it comes to designing the obvious was "..Take whatever you think your product should be and cut it in half.." (Getting Real). After reading this chapter, I am still pleased with our team's Project 3.  Of course, no design is perfect and there is a feature I would now delete.  Our design (mobile iOS devices only) was to enable YouTube videos/songs to continue playing when the application is closed, and at the same time can be accessed through the iOS controls when you swipe up, including another swipe to the right to switch from iTunes player and the YouTube controls we added. I did The 60-Second Deadline to our design.  I found that I could not add in the swiping to the right from iTunes music to our YouTube controls in 60 seconds.  This tells me that it is a "nice to have" feature and not an "essential" one.  I also found that i did not aim low enough, since it would be just as quick as to open the YouTube application and restarting/replaying songs or videos than it would be to swipe up then swipe right like our design.

In conclusion, our design did cove the necessary features our design needed, but had another feature that was unnecessary.  I found that these techniques relates to the "whole game" because we were too focused on all the rules that would almost never come into play, instead of learning or designing the basics and essentials.


No comments:

Post a Comment