The individual user of a product is never correct, as a product can satisfy every single need of every single user. But a pool of the products users can be correct, as they may be the large sum of the product's users and they may have a need that developers did not take into consideration. Developers should take into account many of the same requests of the many users. I believe there is a larger "user-centered" to look at here. This is where you decide what your product is going to be made for and how it will be used.
According to the situation-centric approach, Hoekman suggests that we develop and design towards situations that the product will be used in, rather than the users that will use it. This approach will work will only if you know the market it will be widely used in and the market's culture. For Project #2 I would have used a more user-centric approach to our work. I would have created a couple personas to see how our design of the machine could be improved.
No comments:
Post a Comment