Monday, February 3, 2014

3 - Baiyan Zhang


I chose grubhub website which is an online food order website for my second blog posting.   (http://www.grubhub.com)
                                                                                                                                         


I think the design team's motivation for creating the website like this is to create a more convenient, fast and diversification world of food. They believe the delicious food can be found and shared via website and they want to change users eating habits into a simple but still high quality way. So they have some suggestions about the best places they think, which are also the places some other users agree. In addition, I think the disign team considered the difference between users, so they provide many options for those people who want to try different kinds of food. The choices include many different restaurants and the design teams grouped them and let those users immediately can know what they are interested and they can try different restaurants. Also they provide options for those people who hard to make decisions.They use stars and suggestions method to share what are delicious.

After I saw that TED speech, I think why this website can become well-known is because the purpose they want to build this website is to share foods and change users habits into a simple but still high quality way. For this purpose, they considered more for users which make some choices and features to let users familiar to them. That might be the reason why it can success and stands out.

1 comment:

  1. I love Grub Hub! I completely agree with your statements and I believe that with their design it is obvious what their "why" is for their company and services.

    ReplyDelete