User-centered design is a widely popular approach to design that aims to help designers better understand the needs and wishes of users so that interactive systems can better help them meet their goals. To answer the question of whether or not the user is always right we must look at the application in use. It depends if the application's audience spans a wide array of user types. If we do have a narrow array of users then the user is always correct but if it is not then we are preventing ourselves from reaching our goals by alienating audiences not part of the persona pool because of the wide array of users.
I would assume what Hoekman meant with his situation centered design was that the design of a product could be enhanced or diminished depending on the situation the user is in when using the product. We definitely used a user-centered design in project 2. We focused on the average gym visitor as our persona. I wouldn't change anything from what we did.
I would assume what Hoekman meant with his situation centered design was that the design of a product could be enhanced or diminished depending on the situation the user is in when using the product. We definitely used a user-centered design in project 2. We focused on the average gym visitor as our persona. I wouldn't change anything from what we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment