Monday, January 27, 2014

2- Emily Gries


An example that I thought of to be an obvious design is the ESPN Sports Center application on my Iphone. I use this app a lot to catch up on scores when I am unable to watch the games (more specifically when I am on the go and do not have access to a television or computer to stream). An obvious design is, as referred to Robert Hoekman Jr. in Designing the Obvious: Second Edition, “simple to understand, easy to learn, well organized… intuitive, streamlines, uniform” (Hoekman 7). This application fits this definition. It is simple and easy to understand because it is not over the top. It is well organized; separating the app by sports (profession and college are separate) and conference and ranking. It is very intuitive and can be easily figured out without having to read any instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment