Hi! I'm Kristi Starling. I'm a senior with majors in math and informatics and minors in security and philosophy. A lot of the classes overlap, so it's not quite as ridiculous as it sounds, but needless to say, I keep pretty busy. I'm from Huntingburg, IN, a small town a little less than 2 hours south of here. It's near Holiday World for anyone who's from around here.
As for something interesting, I do competitive ballroom dance here at IU. (Shameless plug: for anyone who's interested, our spring callout is Thursday, January 23 at 9 pm in SPH 171. Check it out. It's fun.) I had never done any dance before coming to IU, but I've been competing since my first semester, and I love it! I also coach a Bible Quiz team of middle and high schoolers at a local church.
Like several others have said, I'm nervous about the drawing. It's never been my strong suit or something I've enjoyed, but I guess there's a first time for everything!
The thing that really struck me from the first class was the idea that the students will put more into the class if the professor puts more into the class. It makes sense, and as I think about the courses I've taken it seems to be true, but it's amazed me just how true it actually is.

No comments:
Post a Comment