Hi, my name is Kate L'Heureux and I'm a sophomore majoring in Informatics from Noblesville, IN.
Over winter break I read 6 books in celebration of finally having time to read for fun. I like to think the fact that my hair glows under a black light is interesting, but that's just me. I am obsessed with films by Sophia Coppola and could watch them 100 times and not get bored. Adventure Time will always make me laugh and my last name means "the happy one" in French.
What worries me most about this class is the faster pace for more creative projects. I am the type of person who overthinks stuff, so this will be a good way to get out of that.
Something I took away from class is the idea of recognizing designs we take for granted that are in fact carefully deliberated over to create a desired outcome, like the pop can tab.

Hey Kate. It's great to meet you. I think your takeaway that everything is designed is a very awesome one. You might just start being aware of these designs that you take for granted and asking yourself, "Could this be a better?" No doubt your concern about pace of this class is a real one, one of the things Marty will be teaching is how to break through the spinning of the wheels.
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the books--I read 8 over break! It was so nice to finally have free time to read...
ReplyDelete