Monday, March 31, 2014

9 - Nicholas Fields

I do not think that a good tutorial is equivalent or as helpful as just using 'obvious design' to begin with.  First, I think it ends up wasting more time trying to make a good tutorial than it would have in the first place if people put a little extra time into making the design better in itself.  Also, I think that tutorials are often still put into the 'programmer's lingo' too often and do not end up helping the people that actually need the help.  Finally, I do not think that people view or look at the tutorial that often even when they do need help. 

As for the persona for project #5, I think that a good target group would be an avid fan.  This could be classified as someone who has read some or most of the comics pertaining to a specific super hero.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Nicholas. Personally, when I see a tutorial or a help pop up on a new application I am using I always ignore it. You make a good point about spending more time worrying about creating a good design then worrying about making a tutorial to show you how to use an application. I can also see situations where people developing an application may not have the time to focus on a good design so they use tutorials and help boxes to supplement their "below average" design.

    ReplyDelete