In learning the process of playing the whole game of HCI, two concepts sticks out at me more than anything else, and that is iterate and fail faster. Iteration is necessary to narrow down a design, and fail faster is necessary to not waste time on sub optimal designs. I have always kind of done this in some way or form when working on projects, but I always have fell into the trap of being worried about removing or changing things that I have already dedicated resources to. By iterating more and failing faster,I am less likely to fall for this trap. Also, I am more aware of not being afraid to throw stuff away. The class is being an enriching process to things that I might have subconsciously known. Finally, I liked the story/thoughts on how school is designed to make us feel stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment