Grant Pendrey
I am a Junior Informatics Major with a Cognate in Business. I am from Columbus, Ohio.
Something that I really enjoy is Motorsports. I am not particulalry interested in oval racing which is vary popular in the United States with Nascar and Indy Car but road racing and endurance racing. Formula One is a series that I follow closely and the drivers go through intense physical fatigue over the course of the race and the drivers must be extremely fit. While the sport or racing may seem very easy and not very physical, I encourage you to look up how ridiculous these races are on the drivers and how intense the drivers must train to compete at the top tier of racing. Due to my interest in racing I have picked up a hobby of Karting. Karting is how 95% of all race car drivers get into the sport. It is "the purest form of motorsport" and is a great learning tool for drivers to develop their talent. These karts are not your average family center go karts either, these are race built machines that teams work to tune for each race in difference conditions and travel as speeds over 80-90 mph! I love the thrill of racing with 40+ karts on a kart track and this is a hobby that I hope to keep pursuing in my life. (I will provide a picture of me karting below!)
I am most worried about sketching/drawing for this course.
I think that a new idea i can take from this class in the process of analyzing a problem and iterating possible solutions. While being an HCI designer and going to grad school for HCI does sound interesting to me, I am interested in multiple other areas for careers as well. No matter what I end up doing, I believe the design process taught in class can be used as a basis for analyzing and designing so many other things other than just inside the HCI industry. This I believe will be the most valuable skill/tool learned through the class.


No comments:
Post a Comment