Tuesday, March 11, 2014
8 - Jon Burris
I have felt I have gained a lot from this class and learned even more about the game of design. The biggest thing I have come to realize is that every design should undergo iteration of all of the steps. Not just revising the design, but going through new concepts, the design team, team protocols, etc. over and over again is a must. I did not realize how important it was for the development of better design. Lastly, the characters we choose in developing our personas has greatly helped my team in project 3 and project 4. Personas help us see our audience, our users, and without them it would be hard to design. The significance of personas are high and that was something I thought were useless, but after completing prior projects I see how we utilize them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree with Jon that iteration is the key to good design. Additionally I do like the ideas of personas, but I have a slightly different take on them. For me the persona itself is not as important as keeping in sight that you are designing for a particular group of people. Because a design that is designed for everybody is in fact designed for nobody. If one tries to design for too many people, the design will fall flat, and the persona is a tool to help with this.
ReplyDelete