This is an interesting question. After reading chapter 6, everything that was said makes sense. When I don't understand something online, I usually do not look at the help options because if I couldn't figure it out, the language used in the help options most likely would not help me out and it would probably frustrate me. This part made sense. However, experts would probably feel uncomfortable that they couldn't figure it out, so they would try to fix it to relieve that tension. They would also most likely understand the language and have minor problems with the application. Like the seven themes of good design says, no design can be perfect. Designers have to make sacrifices for designs, a little give and take. Therefore they sometimes cater to either experts or other users. The help options, even though aren't used by all types of users, I think are an essential tool because with that give and take, the help options can be useful for the group that the design is not catered to.
For project 5, I think the personas could be either kids/teenagers that read the comics or older fans who are invested in the comics. These people are the most likely to buy merchandise or a product.
No comments:
Post a Comment