Sunday, March 30, 2014

9 - Jake Van Schouwen

I love HELP systems.  I have looked to help-tabs or tutorials for as long as I can remember when dealing with a design or game I am unfamiliar with.  I do not believe HELP systems are an excuse for poor design because I like to think most people are quick learners.  If the help tab nudges the user into the proper way of thinking then I think it is for the best.

The we are focusing on the people who are not die-hard fans of our hero but know enough about him to appreciate what we are trying to achieve with our design and who support our goals.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think the HELP systems are very useful. No matter the design is good or bad, users may met different kinds of problems, then the HELP system can give them hints to solve problem or explain to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think the HELP functions are useful. I think it works better on people that are experts than regular users because they know exactly what they want. Regular users can and should get a hold of the system fairly fast without the need for HELP. (If good design has been implemented)

    ReplyDelete