Monday, March 31, 2014

9- Nicholas Barker

In looking at chapter 6 dealing with the help system, it doesn't take long to determine that they are essential for our design.  Although we hope to provide users with the best possible design, as we have discussed in class, our design is never done and can always be improved.  With that being said I think HELP systems are effective. In saying that I also believe that HELP is not a substitute for good design.

For our persona for project 5, I believe we are going to focus on someone who would be a fan of our hero.  He would like technology and more futuristic things.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that HELP systems are effective. Would you say a great design with poor HELP systems is better or worse than a design that is not so "obvious", but has abundant HELP systems and is very easy to find help online? Do you ever think a design could be so good that the need for a HELP system will not be needed? I personally do not think this will ever happen despite how good a design may be. Also, is your persona like just a kid that is a fan, or someone who is a fanatic and knows every gadget and power the superhero has and would clearly analyze our proposed design in every detail?

    ReplyDelete