I think the HELP system is an essential part of a design. Although users may not use them very often, it can help users when they met the problems. I think this is not the substitute of the good design because whatever good or bad design, part of users does not know how to solve the problems they met. So the HELP systems can give users some hints for solving or an explaination for why this problem happen. A good design would be attractive but the HELP system would be the tool to help users.
When we thinking the persona for Project 5, we think that person would be a movie fan of our hero. He might be the people who like the high-tech things.
I would have to agree with your thoughts on the Help system. An essential part of design to help fix problems when they do indeed occur by giving you tips or hints on what to do.
ReplyDelete